Student Health Services
All regularly enrolled SDSU students have prepaid a health fee as part of their tuition and fees that entitles them to basic medical services. Open University students or students from the Skilled Development Center are not eligible for these services. Services for students at the SDSU-Imperial Valley include CPR classes, basic medical and dental services, vision examinations, individual counseling/psychological sessions and group seminars/ workshops. For more information on Student Health Services and for referrals, send an email to [email protected].
To ensure that SDSU can provide support and resources to faculty, staff, and students with potential or confirmed exposure to COVID-19, the University is requesting that individuals (or a designee) complete this form.
HealtheConnect is a quick and secure way to communicate with SHS medical staff.
Imperial Valley - Student Health Services
In order to be seen by a medical provider or have a vision exam, you must request a health service referral by sending an email to [email protected].. After receiving the referral, you need to make an appointment with the health service provider. Any appointment that you cannot keep must be cancelled. Student will be responsible for payment for health services visits without a referral.
The Imperial Valley Student Health Services program covers the following basic services:
- Illness and basic healthcare
- Limited clinical laboratory
- Gynecological examination
- Vision examination
- Counseling services
- Assessment and counseling on issues relating to self-esteem, personal problems, academic problems, stress.
- Family Planning Services
- Personal Counseling
After Hours Nurse Advice Line
- Imperial County Health Crisis Hotline (24 hours service)
- Phone: 1-800-817-5292
- Web: bhs.imperialcounty.org
- Imperial County Sure Helpline Crisis Center (24 hours service)
- Phone: 760-352-7873 – Crisis
- Phone: 760-352-7273 – Rape Crisis
- Web: surehelplinecrisiscenter.com
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Phone: 1-800-273-8255
Students are responsible for the cost of their healthcare whether received at Student Health Services or at an outside facility. Students are encouraged to purchase medical insurance coverage.