Career & Veteran's Services
Through partnerships, education and programming, SDSU-IV Career Services provides students and alumni with the opportunities to define, develop and realize their career potential. SDSU-IV Career Services fulfills this commitment by using technology to streamline processes and enhance the accessibility of services, by responding to and representing the diversity of SDSU-IV and its community, and by providing a centralized campus resource that supports retention, academic success and the affiliation of alumni to SDSU-IV.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The absence of the registration symbol ® does not constitute a waiver of VA's trademark rights in that phrase. Documents on this website labeled PDF are in Portable Document Format and require Adobe Reader to view and print. Download Adobe Reader free from the Adobe website.
The information, images, and terminology located on websites associated with San Diego State University or any of its departments, offices, colleges, or employees do not represent endorsement by the U.S. Department of Defense nor any U.S. military branch, installation or base, or military unit. Additionally, any directly referenced partnerships or relationships associated between SDSU and any particular military and/or federal or state organization are properly vetted and established in accordance with applicable rules and guidelines. At no time are SDSU employees or affiliates compensated based on quantitative contact and/or connection with any military member, veteran, or military family member as an attempt to recruit individuals.
SDSU Career Services achieves excellence in service by committing to the following:
- We provide first-rate career services to every SDSU student and alum.
- We build employer, community and campus partnerships to create career opportunities.
- We offer high quality career counseling, resources, and technology to meet our clients' diverse and changing needs.
- We view members of our staff as professionals, support their professional development, and value their contributions.
- We pride ourselves on being integral to the SDSU educational experience, student retention, and life-long learning.
- Career-related research
- Career planning
- Job Search
- Interviewing skills
- Resume writing
- Graduate/Professional school planning
- Career Fairs
- Job postings
- Internship postings
- Mon-Thurs at 2:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
- Fri at 3:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
- No appointments available during the month of June
(Half hour appointments only)
Schedule a Workshop Presentation
To schedule a workshop presentation for your class, student organization or campus event, complete and submit this form. Please note that YOU MUST BE AFFILIATED WITH SDSU (STUDENT, FACULTY, OR STAFF MEMBER). Allow 2 weeks to schedule the presentation. Contact Career & Veteran Services at [email protected] for questions regarding class presentations or collaborations.
- East Faculty Building Room 101
Job Search/resume/cover letter Tools
On-Campus Bulletin Boards
Check the bulletin boards periodically, especially the one next to the computer lab to find recent job postings.
Please visit the Career Services tab on the IVC-STUDENT-HR sections on your dashboard in Canvas. Here, you will find information on job/internship postings and upcoming events.
SDSU-IV Career & internship opportunities
- Court Appointed Special Advocate
- LGBT Center Internships
- Internship to Career Program
- Volunteer Literacy Tutor
- Boots to Business Reboot
- Job Announcement Youth Advocate Rising Stars
- Adult Work Experience Program
- Budget Driving School - Behind Wheel Instructor
- IID Student Summer Internship Program 2022
enrollment certification request
Please sign in using your SDSUid to access Google Form
On SDSU-IV, and worldwide, we’re committed to supporting military, military veterans, military spouses, and dependent children in the areas of higher education in outreach/admission, GI Bill benefits, academic success, graduation, and a career. We exist to be the best in these areas in the eyes of our student-veterans, staff, alumni, and donors.