Division of Education
Division of Education
In an era of crescent globalization, transformative educators are looking for effective ways to meet the academic needs of linguistically and culturally diverse students enrolled in compulsory educational settings. At the Division of Education (DOE), courses and assignments are designed following the idea that the quality of teaching and learning are enhanced when educators, students and parents work together to ensure exemplary practices, student achievement, and active involvement. Faculty and staff are certain that linguistically and culturally responsive education will reinforce a free and democratic society as well as to solidify the way teachers develop their methodology; the mastery students must obtain of their knowledge; and the sage parents must have of education.
Application period is now open for FALL 2023!
- Multiple Subject (MS)
- Single Subject (SS)
- MS & SS with Bilingual Authorization
Follow these links to complete your application materials
- Cal State Apply Application Due February 1, 2023
- SDSU IV Credential Program Application Due February 1, 2023
For assistance, attend one of these Zoom Informational Sessions
Zoom Support Hours will be offered from 9:30am - 11:30am and 1:30pm - 3:30pm during the following dates:
- Monday, January 23, 2023
- Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Friday, January 27, 2023
Stay tuned for more information about the application period for Student Teaching FALL 2023!
In order to qualify for student teaching, you need to have met the following requirements:
- Met the CTC subject matter requirement for the credential being sought
- Met Basic Skills
- Completed all credential coursework
- Current SDSU matriculated status or on a leave of absence for fall 2022
- Updated Letter of Recommendation: Letter needs to come from a Division of Education faculty member
- GPA 3.0
- EDJOIN Teaching Vacancies
- Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
Division Programs Coordinator (Intern, Student Teaching, & edTPA)
Office No. WF-171
Ana Guardado Loza
Academic Advisor & Credential Analyst
Office No. WF-169
We look forward to hearing from you!
With fewer than a thousand students, SDSU-IV provides a uniquely intimate educational experience.
Calexico, CA 92231