COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As of April 8, 2021, the Imperial County Public Health Department expanded COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to all individuals age 16 or older in Imperial County. We highly encourage all students to get vaccinated as soon as you have the opportunity.
CSU Planning COVID-19 Requirement For Fall 2021
On April 22, the California State University system and University of California shared in a joint announcement that students, faculty and staff will be required to have a COVID-19 vaccine to be able to access campus facilities this fall.
The CSU, of which SDSU is part, indicated two important conditions for the requirement to be implemented: The requirement is contingent upon full approval of one or more vaccines by the U.S. Federal Drug Administration (FDA), and adequate availability of fully approved vaccines.
Additional information and guidance, including exceptions that will be offered for students, faculty and staff, is forthcoming and will be shared at a later date.
Get Vaccinated Today! You have options:
- Submit your name, Red ID and your phone number here and the Calexico Wellness Center will contact you directly to schedule an appointment.
- Go to MyTurn.ca.gov to find local testing sites and appointment availability
- Go to VaccineFinder to find the COVID-19 vaccine near you
- Contact your primary medical provider. Some primary care providers, dependent on vaccine availability, are also administering the COVID-19 vaccine.
- You can also sign up for an appointment at any of the dozens of clinics and pharmacies currently administering the COVID-19 vaccine including, Vons, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.
If an appointment is not available right away, we encourage you to keep checking back as more appointments are released on these websites each day. While vaccine supply continues to expand, public health experts have advised that it will take several weeks for all eligible members of the Imperial County community to be vaccinated and we encourage you to take advantage of vaccinating via any pathway that is available to you.
Enter to Win a Giftcard
If you upload a copy of your vaccination card through the HealtheConnect portal after April 15 you will automatically be entered to win a $50 Starbucks gift card! One hundred students will be randomly selected to be awarded each month.
Getting vaccinated helps everyone contribute to a safer campus and community, and protects both you and your family. And, once you're fully vaccinated, you can resume many of the activities you had stopped during the pandemic, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, while still taking certain safety precautions in public places. For details, see When You've Been Fully Vaccinated on the CDC website.
For more information or should you have a question for SDSU Imperial Valley's Student Health Services, please visit the SHS virtual front desk or send an email to [email protected].